Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Remote Admin Cisco 1605 via dial up.

I am looking to have a fail back method to remotely dial into my cisco 1605. I have read the modem-router configuration, and that didnt help me much. 1605's do not have a AUX port, So this would have to be a Console port kind of thing. Its a US robotics sportster modem. I am looking for a example config or a step by step howto, I have searched Cisco and google but I have yet to find anything that is helpful. Thanks for your help!

Tim

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Remote Admin Cisco 1605 via dial up.

Take a look at this document: "Attaching a US Robotics Modem to the Console Port of a Cisco Router"

It should provide the information you need.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/50.html

Community Member

Hey thanks for replying, this is one artical I didnt try. I have tried 3-4 different ones now. This one looks promising. Ill hook up a 1605 I have sitting around and play with it while I'm still at work. Thanks again

Tim

Community Member

Ok, using that guide I was able to atleast get the modem to pick up, unlike any other attempt. Now I have a black hyper terminal sitting infront of me. That will not accept commands, nor will it echo anything. But it says connected. If I kill power to the router it disconnects.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content