Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Remote console

I'm looking for advice. I would like to put all of my Cisco router console ports (in my data center) on a single device and be able to remotely connect to them. Anyone have experience with this? I am working with a product from Black Box that is supposed to do it, but have yet to get it working. Thanks

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Remote console

How many routers do you have ? A cost effective solution is to configure a terminal server. Say if you have 16 routers, you can use 2511 router with octal cable ( 2 of them) and use them to connect to the console of each of the 16 routers. Once the terminal server is configured, you can directly access each of the routers via reverse telnet.

Hope that helps!

1 REPLY

Re: Remote console

How many routers do you have ? A cost effective solution is to configure a terminal server. Say if you have 16 routers, you can use 2511 router with octal cable ( 2 of them) and use them to connect to the console of each of the 16 routers. Once the terminal server is configured, you can directly access each of the routers via reverse telnet.

Hope that helps!

Views
Helpful
Replies