router# debug aaa authentication

AA/AUTHEN/ABORT: (12131141) because carrier dropped

what causes carrier drops?

thanks.

4 Replies 4

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Carrier drops can because of many reasons. Modem at rouer lost the Carrier signal because of client modem carrier dropped. This disconnect reason can occur during call setup and data mode.

Carrier lost condition can also occur during normal data mode when the client abruptly drops carrier. The common cause is a non-negotiated or dirty disconnect on the part of the client modem. This can occur if the link is abruptly dropped (that is, network error), the client modem's power is shut off to disconnect the call. This can also occur with cheaper client modems that do not implement the Layer I and/or Layer II clear-down protocols on a DTR drop. For a large number of client modems, this is considered a normal disconnection.

To really troubleshoot what exactly had happened for the call, we need to know the disconnect code that digital modem (if you have it on router/NAS) generates for disconnect. So what kind of modems you have on a router?

Our setup:

Internet ---> LNS(7200) ---> LAC (AS5200 and Ericsson Tigris) ---> Users

hope this helps

This can be config issue on NAS or Radius server . If you are using radius server try without radius server and see if it works .

Show run

debug tacacs/radius if you have that configured.

debug aaa authentication

debug aaa per-user

Need to know the kind of modems you have on AS5200. So as i ahve explained in my last posts, its a client modem who wants to give up the connection. It is normal as ocassionaly the users will get bad line in the telco cloud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: