cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote management of Cisco 831

hhice
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco 831 has the capibility of remote management but it appears to me that this only applies to the CLI. When I attempted to browse into the 831 I was prompted for a username/password, which I gave, then was prompted for a firewall username/password, which I had not setup in the 831. At this point I selected no and it appeared that I was just 'looping' getting no where.

Question - Should I be able to browse into the 831 without a firewall?

The reasoning for my inquires is that we are going to deploy some 831's to replace Cisco 3002 Hardware clients in the field and I was wanting to see what kind of remote capibilities I would have. The 3002 do not support the IP phones very well due to the lack of QoS and the 831 do.

2 Replies 2

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

I am not sure whether you are using the CRWS tool to manage the router. If so, this link has some information on troubleshooting using this tool. Check it out :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/831/hwins/install.htm#89434

Thanks, I had already read that information. What I was looking for was information on remote managing the 831 via the internet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: