Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Removing partcular port on 6509 from single Vlan and set this port as Trunk

Hello All,

Can anyone let me know the command how to remove the particular Vlan assigned to particular port on 6509 MLS . For example , currently , port Number 8 on module 2 (2/8 ) is assigned to Vlan 10 . I want to remove this Vlan 10 on this port and make this port (2/8 ) as Trunk. I tried this command

set trunk 2/8 on dot1q (I want to enable dot1q trunking protocol for this particular port ) , still it shows (sh port 2/8 ) this port is part of 10 vlan .I guess that I have to remove this port from vlan 10 and then enable the trunk. FYI , the native Vlan is Vlan1.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Removing partcular port on 6509 from single Vlan and set thi

To make native VLAN as 1, type in "set vlan 1 2/8". This will assign the port 2/8 to default VLAN 1. Also if you trunking to another Cisco switch, I suggest that you use "desirable" mode rather than "on". The following techtip page should be helpful to you

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/

Thanks krish . Will this command (set vlan 1 2/8) make the port as Trunk or I have to issue Trunk command again (set trunk 2/8 on dot1q ). Since, I'm going to connect Cat4000 on this Gbic port (2/8) for Remote Bldg connectivity , I have to enable Dot1q trunking protocol .

Thanks .

Cisco Employee

The "set vlan 1 2/8" command will only assign the port to default VLAN 1 which will be the native VLAN for the trunk. No harm in typing in "set trunk 2/8 on dotq" again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content