cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Removing the port from particular Vlan on 6509 MLS

Hello All,

Can anyone let me know the command how to remove the particular Vlan assigned to particular port on 6509 MLS . For example , currently , port Number 8 on module 2 (2/8 ) is assigned to Vlan 10 . I want to remove this Vlan 10 on this port and make this port (2/8 ) as Trunk.

Thanks in advance

Raju.

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Removing the port from particular Vlan on 6509 MLS

The port needs to be in at least one VLAN (NATIVE VLAN), so you need to decide which VLAN you want it in. The command to make a trunk active is set trunk 2/8 on ISL etc.

Kam

Community Member

Thanks Kam . Since I want Dot1q Trunking protocol for this particular port , I've tried this command (set trunk 2/8 on Dot1q ) , but this port still shows as part of Vlan 10 . I guess that I have to remove this port from Vlan 10 first , then enable the Trunk and I need to know the command pls...

Thanks.

Community Member

The way you remove a VLAN from any Trunk port is through the use of the 'clear trunk m/p vlan' CLI command. Set the port to the desired Trunking type using the 'set trunk' CLI command.

Community Member

Raju;

All ports on a switch must be part of a vlan. By default all ports are members of vlan 1. Even if you want to make the port a trunk link, it will still need be a member a vlan. Just make sure that both ends of the trunk link are part of the same vlan. I recomend using Vlan 1.

Sean W.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content