Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Removing vdm from flash

Hello all,

Might be a stupid question but I am trying to remove vdm from flash so that I can try the qdm files and I have done what the directions say but it is still showing up when I do a show system flash it show up like vdm.tar (deleted). I have rebooted several times but have yet but no results. I have tried to do erase but with that command you have to do the whole flash module which I defiantly don't want to do.

Thanks

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Removing vdm from flash

David,

Try "squeeze flash:" this will remove deleted files and allow you to recoupe the space without messing with other files that have not been deleted.

Hope this helps,

Don

3 REPLIES
Silver

David,

Try "squeeze flash:" this will remove deleted files and allow you to recoupe the space without messing with other files that have not been deleted.

Hope this helps,

Don

squeeze flash:

Squeeze operation may take a while. Continue? [confirm]

first create squeeze log by erasing the entire device

%Error squeezing flash ()

I guessing that I am out of luck

Silver

Interesting... You might just nuke the whole filesystem (format/erase flash:) and copy on there the image you want via tftp. I am unsure why you're getting this error if the switch let you delete the file you spoke of in your previous post.

Hope this helps,

Don

Views
Helpful
Replies