cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

replacing 891

Kashish_Patel
Level 2
Level 2

We are looking for a replacement of 891 router. Can you suggest a model with equivalent or better capacity/features? This is needed in the home setup of a user.

Thanks,

Kashish

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
We are looking for a replacement of 891 router. Can you suggest a model with equivalent or better capacity/features? This is needed in the home setup of a user.

Need more information than this.

1.  What is your bandwidth?

2.  What are you trying to do?

For home use, 890 is already an over-kill. 

This is for a VIP user and 891 fan is giving lots of noise. We are looking either to replace the unit or find a replacement fan part.

Is there a fanless version of cisco 891?

This is for a VIP user and 891 fan is giving lots of noise. We are looking either to replace the unit or find a replacement fan part.

I have 30 units of 891W and I don't hear anything from them.   I believe the 890 are fanless.

Is there a fanless version of cisco 891?

880 should be fanless.

butchie_t
Level 1
Level 1

880's can have either a fan or fanless depending on what model you end up purchasing.

However that being said, don't give up on the 891 so quickly. I own an 881W and the fan was noisy, actually it was not so much the fan as it was how it was sitting in the slides where it was seated in the router. I ended up removing the fan and taking some cotton batting and placing it under the area where the fan sits once it is seated in the 881 and then reinserting the fan back into its location. This greatly reduced the "noise" of the fan and is now virtually noiseless.

Before you go out and spend a great deal of money over a noisy fan, see if you cannot reduce the "rattle" that it seems to have when it is seated in its location. The fans are easily removed (at least they are on the 881w) and with a little creative design, you may be able to reduce the fan noise yourself and save the customer some money in the process.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

B.T.