Views
Helpful
Replies

Report (check) Dialed number to the RADIUS server

aleksandar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a sort of a problem, which is troubling me for a while. I would like to send to the RADIUS server attribute 30, that is Called-Station-ID. In my understanding, that would be the number that the user dialed, to connect to the NAS. Since it is and accounting attribute, I issued the 'radius-server attribute 44 include-in-access-req' in the confuguration, which is the only one that I can find suitable to this situation. But it sends only attribute 31.

Any help with this problem would be highly appriciated.

Thank you all!

Aleksandar.

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What exactly you are looking for by sending DNIS to radius server? You want to do pre-authentication with DNIS..??

You can use following url for more info on that

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t2/dtpreaut.htm

radius-server attribute 44 include-in-access-req will send RADIUS attribute 44 (Accounting Session ID) in access request packets before user authentication (including requests for preauthentication

Here is the url which describes radius-server attribute 44 in detail

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120t/120t7/radatt44.htm

Actually, I need that attribute so I can pre-authenticate the user, that is dialling a separate number that the usual, so I can prevent the users that dial that number, from accessing the other, and vice-versa. The problem is, that I could not make the radius authenticate users whose calls come thru separate E1 ports, since I use only 2 E1 with the "special" number, and the rest 14 are on the regular (AS5400). So, I need only a way to make the AS send attribute 30 so the radius can preauthenticate the user.

And, this is a separate issue, If there is a way, to find out the DNIS number, since I'm not sure if the telco sends the same number to the NAS.

Best regards, Aleksandar.