Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

request time out !!

I have a Network of 4 VLANs, one of them belong to the servers VLAN, every thing was ok, but suddenly the perormance render very slow and when I try to ping the any server it times out (request time out).

can any one give a clue how I could troubleshoot this inciedent?

Thanks..

2 REPLIES

Re: request time out !!

Hi,

there can be plenty of reasons. What do the interface counters tell you? Maybe there is so much traffic that it degrades performance. Reasons could be loops or flooding of unknown traffic - had this once with a backup server.

More details will be needed to help you

Martin

Silver

Re: request time out !!

hi aminsh,

There could be few reasons for the slow performance. The resources may be drained out as compared to network growth or something faulty that generates unnecessary traffic in the network.

Since u mentioned, this is happening suddenly, it could be the second choice.Try to clear the interface counters and find out whether any rapid increase in traffic in any of the interfaces of your switch or router.

Then eliminate the devices on that segment one by one and find out any improvement. Finally on that server or system find out which application is generating unnessary traffic.

Views
Helpful
Replies