cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resets on G.SHDSL line

reinke
Level 1
Level 1

We have connected two cisco 826 back-to-back via G.SHDSL. One router acts as CO, the other as CPE.

The G.SHDSL Line is used for transport a video signal (mpeg4). Everything is fine, but the G.SHDSL line is lost every 12 to 30 minutes. After seeing a %GSI-6-Reset message, it takes some seconds to bring up the line again.

This is a really unstable situation and not useful in a productive environment. If we do not find an answer, customer will replace the cisco routers by other vendors products.

FYI: The distance between CO and CPE is 2000 meters. The speed is auto negotiated up to the maximum, but we have manually reduced it (1726 kbps).

Any idea?

Edgar

2 Replies 2

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

You can try using the 'deb atm events' and 'debug atm error' commands to see what is causing the resets as explained in this document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk274/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080135834.shtml

Thanks, I know this document. Nevertheless, I do not know why the configuration includes VPI/VCI= 0/35 and 8/35. Is it really important to have two VPI/VCIs for a back-to-back configuration? I am only using 1 VPI/VCI - maybe that is the reason why sometimes my lineprotocol changes from up to down and back to up again.

However, I can see Loss-of-Signal messages. This might be a signal for a noisy line???

Edgar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco