Views
Helpful
Replies

Resource Manager Essential Aliases

jjiles
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 2.2 with SP2 and RME 3.5

I’m having trouble with devices coming up as aliases in the RME app.

I have some Cat6509 routers that get to be discovered properly by the ANI.

When I import them to the RME inventory, they always show up as aliases of another Cat6509 devices.

A is managed already as B (A alias to B)

Here is the weird part, If I delete device B and resubmit device A to be process by the inventory process. Now device A is managed by another device, lets say C (A alias to C)

I know that if a device has been entered already in the inventory under another name, it shows as an alias to the already existing device, but in this case just by importing the already discovered device by ANI, some of them show as aliases. The ANI discovers them properly, and only under one name.

What process make a device an alias other being entered manually under a name that already exists?

Does the inventory process of RME checks other things such as CDP, Routes or whatever?

DNS records for these devices are fine. As I mentioned above, ANI discovers them without any problem. The problem is only on Cat6509 routers.

Thanks for any help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

This is second hand information so you need to cross check this before opting to go in for it. I have been told that in the file dmgtd.conf ($NMSROOT/objects/dmgt/), changing "DIServer -I -s -D 0x1 -d 0x1" to "DIServer -I -s -D 0x1 -d 0x1 -a" will do the needful. This info comes from a colleague, so do cross check.

View solution in original post

v-yelmene
Level 1
Level 1

I used this workaround and seems to work OK. Remember to implement every time you apply an IDU update or patch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_tech_note09186a008019ce49.shtml

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

This is second hand information so you need to cross check this before opting to go in for it. I have been told that in the file dmgtd.conf ($NMSROOT/objects/dmgt/), changing "DIServer -I -s -D 0x1 -d 0x1" to "DIServer -I -s -D 0x1 -d 0x1 -a" will do the needful. This info comes from a colleague, so do cross check.

v-yelmene
Level 1
Level 1

I used this workaround and seems to work OK. Remember to implement every time you apply an IDU update or patch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_tech_note09186a008019ce49.shtml