cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resource Manager Essentials Drawer missing from CiscoWorks 2000 Home Page

ppasseri
Level 1
Level 1

I have a strange Problem with a RME 3.3 installation running in Solaris 8.

It looks like that, in strange circumstances, the "Resource Manager Essentials" drawer disappears from the CiscoWorks 2000 Server home page.

The application seems to have no problem since I have verified the Process Status and the Server Status and everything seems OK.

Besides all the other drawers are present in the main page: (Home, Server Configuration, Management Connection, Device Manager), except the Resource Manager Essentials entry.

Keep in mind that we already met the same problem more or less one month ago, and we solved it just reinstalling the application. Of course we cannot keep on reinstalling the application since, each time we take about 1 hour and we may not risk to corrupt the database (currently on the DB we are managing about 500 devices).

I have also checked the bug Tool for all the bugs relevant to RME but I have found nothing dealing with my issue.

Has someone already met this problem and has any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Paolo

3 Replies 3

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Paolo,

The files that you want to back up are located in the

/opt/CSCOpx/htdocs/XML/System/maintree directory.

You might have to re-install RME one more time and then tar the above

as a backup.

Hello Nadim,

Many thanks for your suggestion, I will just try it and see if it solves my issue.

Nevertheless, this could not avoid a next occurrence of the problem. Have you got an idea about a possible cause ?

Thanks again for your availability

Hello Paolo,

We have seen this symptom a handful of times on Solaris. Files seem to get

erased. Unfortunately, we have not been able to figure out why.