Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

restarted by Zero Divide

Hi,

we have a router "cisco 2500 (68030) processor (revision N) with 2048K/2048K bytes of memory", IOS 11.3(3). This routers started giving the following error continuously:

2503BP uptime is 2 minutes

System restarted by error - Zero Divide, PC 0x311D516

System image file is "flash:80240503.bin", booted via flash

The only thing that I have found related to this is the bug CSCdk75925 (in the Caveats for Release 11.3(1) through 11.3(11)). I supposed that this bug is causing these reboots.

I would like to know under what conditions occurs this bug. Can I have more information about this bug?.

Router stopped rebooting after we filtered traffic to the public IP of the router.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES

Re: restarted by Zero Divide

CSCdk75925 is dealing with "netflow-switch" on 7500 routers !

Are you using RSVP ? If yes, check CSCdi77897

Check also this bug : CSCdm25160 Exception: Zero Divide at mlp_update_fragmentation_algorithm : First Fixed-in Version 12.0(4.2)S, 12.0(4.1), 12.0(4.3)T, 12.0(4.2)PI05, 12.0(4)XJ, 12.0(4.6)W05(11.00.09)

Regards,

Re: restarted by Zero Divide

Hi,

The problem has repeated today. The same router, reloaded by error Zero Divide.

We are not using RSVP nor multilink PPP. So the bugs that you mentioned doesn´t apply to our case.

We have observed, when the router is affected by this problem, we can stop the problem shutting down the Ethernet interface. If we do "no shut" in this

interface the problem appears again. So it looks related to some kind of traffic.

After an hour the router started working fine (we don´t know why).

I suppose that this is a software problem, so, if you don´t have any more suggestions about this problem, I will be happy to know which is a good version to

upgrade. I mean a stable version in Frame-Relay, RDSI and Dialers.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Views
Helpful
Replies