cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RIP Routing Problem

anil.s
Level 1
Level 1

I have put 2 routers back to back with s0 to s0 connectivity. ip route for rip get transfered but when i put e0 to e0 back to back rip routes r not transfered .

one more thing when i put routers back to back using serial cables i m able ping form router1 to router2 but when i connect pc having gateway ,ip of router e0 it does not ping to other router.

3 Replies 3

ttuncaral
Level 1
Level 1

it is not clear which routing infos from which router are not transferred to the other. could you send config details?

possibly ethernet segment's IP address and routing entries are overlapped and routers have decided no routing is required.

/t

Frederic Vanderbecq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you connect the E0 interfaces, are they properly coming UP ?

When the 2 routers are connected back to back via ethernet, can they ping each other ?

When a PC is connected to the ethernet interface of the router, can it ping its gateway ?

When you connect the E0 interfaces, are they properly coming UP ? Yes

When the 2 routers are connected back to back via ethernet, can they ping each other ? Yes

When a PC is connected to the ethernet interface of the router, can it ping its gateway ?

Yes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: