cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 3.3 Automated Action

k-kriegel
Level 1
Level 1

Problem Description: I have a d:\scripts\trapalert.vbs that runs just fine from my win2000 dosbox command line.

in the RME automated action I have tried -

d:\scripts\trapalert.vbs

sh d:\scripts\trapalert.vbs

sh cscript d:\scripts\trapalert.vbs

c:\winnt\system32\cscript d:\scripts\trapalert.vbs

sh c:\winnt\system32\cscript d:\scripts\trapalert.vbs

I recieve this error in the sysloganalyser.log

SyslogAnalyzer- Fri Jun 07 14:17:27 CDT 2002 5 Error executing command D:\Scripts\trapalert.vbs "192.168.251.1" "7 Jun 2002 14:16:59 CDT 192.168.251.1 %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by vty0 (172.26.1.112)"

java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: Shell D:\Scripts\trapalert.vbs 192.168.251.1 "7 Jun 2002 14:24:02 CDT 192.168.251.1 %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by vty0 (172.26.1.112)" error=2

at java.lang.Win32Process.create(Native Method)

at java.lang.Win32Process.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.sysloga.aam.ActionThread.run(ActionThread.java, Compiled Code)

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

trapalert.vbs -> Are you trying to run a Visual Basic Script for this?. Make sure that you're following the docs for the correct syntax and usage.

g.tresselt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have had basically the same experience. I think the java stuff has problems with calls to the OS when run on Windows. In my case, a simple bat was not run if it included a redirection of STDOUT ("> output.log ").

Georg

Hi,

I think I got a step ahead, but still without resolving the problem. Syslog Analyzer seems to be unable to run vbs or jscripts directly. One has to explicitly call the Windows Scripting host wscript.exe

But all I achieved that way is that there are no error messages in the Sysloganalyser.log any more. But the script isn't executed either.

Cheers

Georg