cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 3.3 Error when archiving running config on Catalyst 5505 and 6506

pshuen
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problem when archiving running config on the following switches using RME 3.3 (Solaris):

Catalyst 5505 - Software 4.5 (2)

Catalyst 6506 - Software 5.5 (7)

The error message is "Telnet: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6741:TYPE=unassigned message type::Invalid enable password. TFTP: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6711:TYPE=unassigned message type::Incomplete TFTP operation ."

Tftp is already enabled in the /etc/inetd.conf file. I also tried using tftp as the first transport with the same error.

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Configuration Management will not retrieve the configuration of the modules which have valid TELNET credentials, if a previous module had wrong credentials.

If in a CAT switch, the supervisor and ATM module have the same credentials and RSM has a different one, Configuration Management will retrieve the configurations of Supervisor, fail for RSM module and display the following message, "ERROR: Incorrect Telnet passwords" and will also fail for ATM module displaying the same error even if it has valid credentials.

Telnet transport mechanism cannot retrieve or update device configurations if any remote devices have nonstandard device prompts. Accepted, standard device prompts on Cisco IOS devices have strings ending with greater than symbol (>) or the pound symbol (#) at Telnet login and enable mode. Accepted, standard device prompts on Catalyst devices end with keyword "enable" at Telnet enable mode.

It is recommended that all managed devices should have passwords.

The answer above has nothing to do with the question because i've the same problem and in the configuration management i set two differents objects, one for the Catalyst, i want to mean the Supervisor Engine and other object to the RSM and the Configuration Management could work for the RSM, i want to mean, it archived the running configuration and for the supervisor engine it didn't work, and i got the same message that the person reported here.