cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 3.4, Package Support Updater and Cat6000

SteveGodfrey
Level 1
Level 1

I have RME 3.4 and I'm unable to update the Cat6000 package. version 1.6 of the package is currently installed and RME tells me 4.0 is the current version. I have sucessfully updated all the other packages.

I get this error message

Cat6000(4.0) major versions are incompatible.Required version 4.7 for Cat6000 package

Interestingly it tells me that the current version is 4.7 but RME reckons it's 4.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Are you trying to update your CiscoView device package?. If so, then you need to use PSU for this. RME has no connection with CV device packages installation.

katagiri.ko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am running into a similar situation which Steve has.

I'm using CWCS/SP2 ver.2.2, and I tried to update Cat6000 package from Device Manager, but I got an error message like this.

Package Reason

Cat6000(4.0) major versions are incompatible.Required version 4.10 for Cat6000 package

I already updated the Cat6000IOS and others, but not this. I tried to find a "Version 4.10" at Cisco, strange to say, I only could find a "Version 4.0 (Cat6000_CV50_V4-0.zip)".

Thanks

Ko

Hi

I've got it sorted now....

In the end I tried using 'Package Support Updater' fron the start menu \CiscoWorks 2000\

It starts up a Java applet and you just point it to the directory where you've unpacked the CCO package file.

The upgrade didn't work though I actullay had to unisntall the Cat6000 (and 3 others) using the java applet, then I re-installed the packages and all is now well.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your info.

Sound good for me to try that way.

Anyway, could you please tell me about uninstalled package names other than Cat6000 package? I want to prepare those packages before re-installation.

Your reply will be appreciated!

Ko

Hi all,

I finally figure out the problem. My problem was, missing a package after all. I needed to add a CatQdm.cv53.v1-6.zip package. After I add a package, I could add a Cat6000 package!(You needed Switch Addlets v1.16, Entity v1.3, CLI Parser v1.1 before you do so.)

Hope this could help anyone who is facing same probrem.

Ko

Hi Ko

Those were the three packages I had to un-install to enable me to remove the cat6000 package.

Thanks

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco