cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME devices (C1900) not shown in CM map?

jannison
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cw2000 installation (rme 3.5 and cm 3.3) that discovers all network nodes in rme but, does not display all of them in cm. The affected nodes are all 1900 switches. Only half of them show in cm. One could do a full interrogation of the devices in rme and they show as cdp neighbors on the branch routers. All other nodes are shown correctly – they range from 1600 routers to 6500 L3 switches.

Database sync is set to do bulk sync from rme to ani once per day. The latest idu’s were loaded on all the apps in jan 04.

Any advice??

… Kobus

9 Replies 9

Craig Norborg
Level 4
Level 4

I believe that campus manager uses the VTP domain for diplaying nodes in a map, are you sure all your 1900's are in the same vtp domain? Or do they support VTP at all, I don't believe all of them do... You might need to upgrade the OS to get this working, what OS are you running on them all (ie: the ones that work and the ones that don't)...

We had a look at the software versions and fount that even the switches running v9.00.06 (the latest – we upgraded some switches) do not show up in the cm map.

Each remote site runs in his own vtp domain (one switch per site separated by routers)

You need Enterprise version of software on your switches.

We had a look at that as well – all the 1900 switches run standard edition including the ones that are currently visible.

All these switches were visible till a recent ANI and Essentials database rebuild. I also updated all the IDU’s in Jan 04.

Are any of the switches not shown are in a cluster conifguration? If yes, enter each Cluster member as seed device.

If not, for troubleshooting, completely disable device sync between RME and ANI and vice versa. Reenter the snmp communities for the affected switches in "SNMP CONFIGURATION" and start the discovery. Look under "Diagnostic" -> "discovery metric" if the switches are listed as "newly discoverd"

Done that with a switch running v9.00.06 standard. After the discovery we re synced the databases, but still no icon in the topology map.

Why do you sync the db after discovery? For my opinion it is better not to sync until you see the device in CM!

Is the device shown in "discovery metrics"?

open SERVER CONFIGURATION -> DIAGNOSTIC ->CONNECTIVITY TOOLS ->MANAGEMENT STATION TO DEVICE -> enter the IP address of your switch and mark SNMP as application to test. Is this successful?

Sorry, I misinterpreted your initial test description.

I’ve done this test (all applications) using the current community strings. The following applications succeeds - http, telnet, snmpr and snmpw – all the others fails. The device however does not show under “discovery metrics” as a new device.

Ps - Devices that show in cm succeed and fail on the same applications as a device that dos not show.

Was this ever resolved? I am having a similar problem and wondering what fixed it for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: