cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME does not sync all devices to ANI !!!

usaur
Level 1
Level 1

We discover a very mysterious problem:

RME does not synchronize its manually added devices to ANI (only the devices that ANI discovered itself) but ANI synchronizes its devices to RME...

The log looks like that:

2003/06/30 17:30:35 VBJ ThreadPool Worker ani ERROR OrbSdivService: Transferring IN HTTP MODE OR HTTPS WITHIN SAME SERVER

2003/06/30 17:30:35 VBJ ThreadPool Worker ani ERROR OrbSdivService: sending url http://x.x.x.x:1741/CSCOnm/servlet/com.cisco.nm.cmf.servlet.CsAuthServlet?cmd=authUser&name=admin&pwd=YWRtaW4=

2003/06/30 17:30:35 VBJ ThreadPool Worker ani ERROR OrbSdivService: Got DataInput Stream

2003/06/30 17:30:35 VBJ ThreadPool Worker ani ERROR SyncUpManager: Transferring IN HTTP MODE OR HTTPS WITHIN SAME SERVER

2003/06/30 17:30:35 VBJ ThreadPool Worker ani MESSAGE AniMain: Properties will be read from C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\etc\cwsi\ANIServer.properties

2003/06/30 17:30:40 ImportFromRME ani ERROR SyncUpManager: Transferring IN HTTP MODE OR HTTPS WITHIN SAME SERVER

2003/06/30 17:30:41 ImportFromRME ani MESSAGE DBConnection: Created new Database connection [hashCode = -476235632]

2003/06/30 17:31:44 DBConnecton-Reaper ani MESSAGE DBConnection: Closed Database connection [hashCode = -476235632]

Does anyone have a suggestion for that because we need to see all the devices in Campus Manager!

Thank you so much!

Uli

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Have you applied the latest IDUs for both RME and Campus from CCO?

I do not know exactly if the latest IDUs are installed but normally the installed IDUs have the same release for RME and Campus. Then it should work anyway, shouldn't it?!

I will install the latest releases and come back to this conversation, thank you!

Not necessarily. IDUs not only contain new device support but fixes to several bugs. So, it's good to always update these to the latest from CCO. You can goto Server Configuration->About the Server->Applications and Versions to see what/if any IDUs are installed and update them accordingly from CCO.

pvignaud
Level 1
Level 1

It's the normal behavior, for RME to send only the devices that has been discovered by ANI.

Patrick Vignaud.

Yes, it seems to be this way, because I let ANI "discover" some Routers by enter them as seed device and then they were synchronized to RME and back. But if I understood the manual correctly then this is not a feature but a bug. You can read there that manually entered device in RME would be synchronized to ANI!!!

So, how can this be achieved???

Btw, there exists no IDU 4.0 for CM3.2 therefore we have to upgrade to CM3.3 but I still don't believe that this is the main problem.

Greez