Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

RME Inventory Customization

Is there any way in RME 3.4 Inventory to change the field names of "User Field 1, User Field 2, User Field 3..." to something more meaningful?

Secondly, I know there is a way to a drop-down list next to the User Fields so that Admin has to simply select the value from the list rather than having to enter it manually. I just can't remember how to do it.

This last question is for anyone working at Cisco..... are there any plans to create Admin Documentation for CW2K? There is a user guide which is quite basic...but no Admin guide. Most of the administrative procedures I have learnt for CW2K are from experience and knowledge transfer.

Jimmy

Thank

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: RME Inventory Customization

The new RME 3.5 has these "User Field 1, User Field 2, User Field 3" customizeable to what ever you want to by editing the mapping.properties file. Unfortunately, not in RME 3.4. For the 2nd part, you can use the Change Device Attributes option to modify the User Fields which stores the previously entered values in the pull-down menus next to them for selection.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content