Views
Helpful
Replies

RME inventory

E-BRITTON
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Adding new devices to the inventory gets stuck in pending. I have tried running a connectivity tool to check for any priblems there and get SNMPR and SNMPW failed but the number of packets sent is 0.

Any ideas why?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Elena

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What is the device model and RME version?. Have you verified that the device credentials, snmp strings are correct in RME?. Can you do a snmpwalk to the above device from RME server?

RME 2.4, and I have tried adding catalyst 6509 and 3640 router, I have checked snmp strings and they are all correct. The strange thing is the error that I found in the DIServer log: 'Unable to resolve host name' but if I use Connectivity tools\ NSLookup, the name is resolved. Also Connectivity tools\management devices to.. which cehcks for all the application resolves the name but when you look at the SNMP test - it fails with packets sent: 0

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Elena

If NSLOOKUP resolves the name, then try to ping the name and then the address from the RME platform. This will cause the DNS client to resolve the address - I'm having probs with W2k DNS client so have seen similar to the above. Sometimes all's well then next minute devices cannot be resolved and thus may not be 'seen' corrrectly.

If on W2k I'd try doing a net stop "dns client" and then a net start "dns client" to see if that's the same prob I'm seeing.

It now seems that the SNMP tests work fine, I have found one of the setting in TCP/IP wasn't checked. But still a problem with inventory. When I add a device manually, I get the error: Initialization of the dynamic library \system32\user32.dll failed. The process is terminating abnormally. I also get the same error if I stop and start DIServer.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: