cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Reachability Dashboard reports node down when it is not

j.fanizzi
Level 1
Level 1

I have more than one node in RME that the Reachability Dashboard states as down. Other nodes are reported as up. Can't tell difference in RME database config for the different nodes. Strange thing is that for the nodes that it reports as down, it doesn't even ping them. Started a trace and saw pings for nodes it sees as up, and never ping nodes which it reports as down. Strange thing is that "Last Response" time is stated as : 1 Jan 0001 00:00:00 EDT.

Any ideas?

Jim

3 Replies 3

grayd
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure that you are still doing the Availability Monitoring on the down devices. Go to the Change Polling Options and make sure that you are actively polling all of the views you have selected. It is possible to have a View listed as a Polled View, but then to turn off all of the various polls. In this case, I have found the results of the Availability Monitor reports to be fairly inaccurate (which makes sense as you are not actually polling the devices). This would also explain why you are seeing any pings and why the Last Response time is bad.

In my Polled View, I have All, All Catalysts, All Routers, etc. I'm pretty sure that all should be polled. In addition, if I look under All Catalysts, some switches are up and others are down. Don't know why. Same apples to All Routers in the Polled View section. Some are up while others down.

Try taking out All from the polled devices list. If you are polling All Routers, All Catalysts, etc. you are actually polling the devices twice (once as a router, once as all devices).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: