Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Software Managment --- SNMP Error

Hi all,

When I try to upload or download configuration from a 2524 router with a running image of 12.0, Iam always getting an SNMP error.

I am pasting below the error code for reference.

Error Info Code: '4037'

< Low Level SNMP Code: Perl

Error: -1 SNMP Error: '100251' SNMP Error2 : '2203' Var Bind: '1' SNMP Error String:

'SNMPsvc:set failed

SNMPsvc: ?- <100251,2203,1> SNMP Set failed for

device 10.10.1.207

But I checked that the SNMP communities are properly set and I could change the device configuration through config editor without any problem. Any clue?

Thanks & regards,

Murali Sethuraman

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

SNMP Set failed indicates a SNMP write failure for this device. 10.10.1.207 -> Is NAT is being used for this device?. What version of RME is this?

Hi,

No, NAT is not used. The RME version is 3.4. The write is working for 'config edit'. It is only the software management that fails with an error, saying that the write had failed.

Does RME 3.4 support 2524 routers with 11.3 code and above and are there any restrictions? Thanks.

regards,

Murali

Hi,

Sorry. It is working now. I cleared the SNMP strings in the router and reconfigured them and it is working now. But I have a question, Does Config Editor uses SNMP to write or will it use telnet? I am asking this because that when the software upload failed, the config editor was working fine?

Regards, Murali

I beleive the way it works is that under rme>administration>general setup,

you have 3 options to download configuration files, tftp telnet and rcp. As for uploading, when I have used net config component, it uses telnet to do that.

Not sure if config editor is different