Views
Helpful
Replies

RME- unable to archive configuration files

sundarr
Level 1
Level 1

HI

Setup is running with Cisco works 4.5 with LMS.

Except for the below device we are unable to archive the configuration .Error we are getting is attached below .

Cisco 6509 L2 switch & Cisco 4006 we are unable to archive the configuration.

Anyhelp in this regard will really be beneficial .

Failed Running Configuration Devices Summary

"Device Name,""Attempted At"",""Failure Reason"""

"3.212.228.91,""26 Jun 2003 16:38:00 GMT+05:30"",""TFTP: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6717:TYPE=unassigned message type::Timeout error, %s Telnet: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6741:TYPE=unassigned message type::Invalid enable password. Ssh: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6737:TYPE=unassigned message type::Failed to initiate telnet session, Cannot create ssh session to 3.212.228.91"""

"3.212.228.90,""26 Jun 2003 16:36:22 GMT+05:30"",""TFTP: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6717:TYPE=unassigned message type::Timeout error, %s Telnet: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6741:TYPE=unassigned message type::Invalid enable password. Ssh: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6737:TYPE=unassigned message type::Failed to initiate telnet session, Cannot create ssh session to 3.212.228.90"""

3.212.228.90 is Cat 6509 - L2

3.212.228.91 is a Cat 4006

Thanx in advance

Sundara Rajan .R

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Is this RME 3.4 or 3.5?. Any IDUs installed?. Also 'Cannot create ssh session'->are these devices running k images?. Did you check that the device credentials of the above are correct in RME?

j.arthur
Level 1
Level 1

I don't remember if I was getting the same error message or not but you may want to check your "device attributes" to make sure that you have the (enable password) set rather than the (enable secret). That was the case for me on the 6509. Also, it wants to pull the configs from the routing blades as well. So you need to make sure that you can access Sess 15 or 16 (the routing modules) with the same Telnet and Enable Pass.

I have my blades setup for "logon local" so I also had to include the "local user" in with the device attributes. So it reads:

Device ReadC WrC Telnet EnSec Enabl ** ** localus

*** ok ok ok no va ok incorrect

Even though Local user is incorrect I still needed it so CiscoWorks could log on and pull the configs.

Hope this helps.

J

let me try that again.

Device ReadC WrC Telnet EnSec Enabl ** ** localus

***-----ok----ok----ok----noval--ok--------incorrect

J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: