Views
Helpful
Replies

RMON2 configuration on 7200 series routers

msaifulla
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I am trying to configure RMON2 on Cisco 7200 series routers and Catalyst 2900XL switches. But i could not find a document on Cisco with all details, like, snmpsets to be done. I will be grateful, if someone can point me to a good document.

Thanks in advance,

Saif

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Routers only support RMON Alarms and Events except for 2500/AS5x00 series. Switches only support mini-rmon by default and in order to get full rmon info, you need a switch probe/NAM module.

Dear Mushtaq,

I am really sorry, i don't know how i missed this mail. I am still confused whether 2500/AS5x00 routers will support full RMON2 (protocol classification). Are there any free solutions available for switch probe and NAM module?

Thanks in advance,

Saifullah

Unfortunately, there are no free solutions for probe/NAM

keyushah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Saif,

Just in case you still need the documents, this one has all the RMON docs.

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Internetworking:RMON&viewall=true

thanks

Keyur

Hello Keyur,

Thanks a lot for your kind help. I could see only RMON1 related configurations in that page. And it seems it refers old series of routers and switches. Infact i need RMON2 configuration. As i am a new to this, it may be available indirectly. Can you please point me to it.

Thanks again,

Saif

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco