cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rom Upgrade

Reliquary
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to upgrade the rom in a 2511 and if so how or where might i find that information

Thanks

2 Replies 2

tsettle
Level 3
Level 3

Are you talking about Boot ROM? Here's a link on how to replace Boot ROM for all 2500 series routers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps233/prod_module_installation_guide09186a00800eab17.html

Or do you mean upgrade from the version of BootROM you have to another? I believe 11.0(10c)XB1 is latest (from Y2K days). If you have an earlier version then you can check with your sales rep and see if they can order you some. Follow the above procedure and you're set.

Hey thanks for the info....here is what i have..

THe unit has 4 Mg of FLash, It is my understanding that in order to increase that to 8 Mg I must have a ROM version 10.1 or greater. This is what the unit has:

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 4.14(9.1), SOFTWARE.

So it looks like i have to upgrade the ROM. I was hoping I could do this through software but it looks like from the link you provided that this will require a new chip. Urg....I dont want to spend a ton of money to do this for a retired device. Any help you can provide will be appreciated

Thanks

J.