cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ROMmon

mauriced
Level 1
Level 1

on my lab switch 6509-e it booted up in ROMmod. I tried using xmodem but it didn't send files to the switch please help

8 Replies 8

nethelper
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

what exactly goes wrong when you try the xmodem ?

Make sure that in your Hyperterminal session, you follow this procedure: click on the Transfer drop down menu. Click on Send File and a dialog box will open. Select XModem in the Protocol drop down and browse for the IOS image on your PC. Click send and the IOS image will be sent to the switch.

Can you try this and see if it works for you ?

Regards,

Nethelper

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This will happen if you erased the config on the box. If its a native box just issue the "boot sup-bootflash: command and this will boot it up , then you need to add your boot statement once box is up .

rommon 6 > boot sup-bootflash:s72033-ipservicesk9-mz.122-18.SXE4.bin

this is I get :

Loading image, please wait ...

Invalid device specified

Booting from default device

an alternate boot helper program is not specified

(monitor variable "BOOTLDR" is not set)

and unable to determine first file in bootflash

loadprog: error - on file open

boot: cannot load "sup-bootflash:s72033-ipservicesk9-mz.122-18.SXE4.bin"

mauriced
Level 1
Level 1

this is a print screen i'm getting when trying to send file via xmodem

hi

As menthioned in the rommon recovery link have you tried with different speed rather only with 9600 ??

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa1.shtml

regds

yes i have tried different speeds.

see attachement

hello,

as your capture file, the ios does not exist in bootflash. hence cat6500 can't load ios image because ios was deleted some reason...

do you have any cf(compact flash) disk with ios?

regards,

John.

no I don't, I was told to use PCMCIA card which I don't have or use xmodem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: