cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rotary group does not ignore interfaces with no cable connected?

yanagi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured 3620 with two BRIs as the same rotary group member and as a callback server. But callback failed since one interface had no cable connected.

Can any one tell me a way that dialer interface does not call through the interface to which no cable is connected.

Thanks,

Eiji Yanagi

2 Replies 2

mljohnson
Level 4
Level 4

ISDN interfaces can have layer1 down and layer2 inactive, even with a cable attached; this does not mean the interface in unable to dialout. This often happens in Europe where TEI negotiation takes place for each call, rather than just one time. Therefore, the best approach (for any interface) when there is no cable attached is to shutdown that interface.

Thank you for your reply. I think this happens because the interface with no cable is in "spoof" condition.

Does this mean that if one of the cables or ISDN switch goes down and the other interfaces are active, and also all the interfaces are in a same rotary group, my router fails to dial through this failed lilnes?

Does this also happen to the dialer-pool configuration?

Eiji Yanagi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: