cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rotary reverse-telnet sessions across more than one router.

s.fensom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to create a config which will allow me to telnet to an address from my LAN and then that address will map to one of many async lines depending on what is available. I.e. if I telnet to 10.10.10.1 I could be sent to either line 1 on router 1 or say line 4 on router 2.

What I'm trying to resolve is management of Marconi communications devices via 2511s. Currently our techs have to reverse-telnet to a connection on the device, and if it is in use, reverse-telnet to another port. I want to automate this so that the techs will automaticlly be put through to an available port.

Can anyone help?

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

ip alias ip-address tcp-port - user attempting to establish a connection is connected to the first free line in a rotary group using the Telnet protocol. Here is the sample configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1820/products_command_reference_chapter09186a0080080581.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: