Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

route distribution between BGP and EIGRP

I have a facility that is currently running on a single class C network. We use BGP with our provider for inter facility connectivity.

I have a facility that is being redseigned due to expansion and we are implementing VLANS. These VLANS and their supported DHCP services will be run from the new core 3560G switch. I am thinking of running EIGRP between the router to simplify the addition of new VLANS as they continue to grow. I have confgured a point-to-point link between the router and the core switch.

My issue is in getting the EIGRP routing table into BGP for broadcasting to the rest of the enterprise. I added a redistribute EIGRP into my router BGP configuration but seems to still be missing something as the routes do not show up. I am looking for a configuration sample to get the route distribution working. Does anyone have a code snipet or a link to something on CCO? I have not yet come across one.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: route distribution between BGP and EIGRP

It sounds like you have all you need with the "redistribute eigrp .

This will only redistribute eigrp routes into bgp only if they are installed in the routing table.

Can you verify that this is the case.

Thanks,

Harold Ritter
Sr. Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México 
Paseo de la Reforma 222 Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México