Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Route-map configuration

Hi,

I have the config as below:

access-list 10 permit 172.17.1.0 0.0.0.255

route-map Test permit 10

match ip address 10

set ip next-hop 192.168.1.1 172.16.1.1

I need to send the traffic from 172.17.1.0 thru 192.168.1.1 interface. Incase it fails, 172.16.1.1 should be chosen. Here the IP address 192.168.1.1 is airback haul interface ( Broadband) which lies in same subnet as router ethernet (192.168.1.2). 172.16.1.1 is the other end serial IP.

When I trace the route from 172.17.1.0 network , still the serial link is chosen instead of air backhaul.

Routes are configured proerly in the router

Am I missing something here. Should I use an extended access-list instead of Standard one.

Thanx in advance.

5 REPLIES

Re: Route-map configuration

Is the network 172.17.1.0 network attached to this router ? If yes, did u do an extended traceroute or a normal traceroute ???

Bronze

Did you enter the "ip policy route-map ..." command on the inbound interface?

ip policy route-map command worked for me, but all traffic on the interface will be process switched due to PBR.

Thanx all again

Also, you should use the ip local policy route-map command to force any local traffic originated on the router (such as ping, trace) to use the PBR.

Sorry - you can also use ip route-cache policy so that the PBR does not use process.

Views
Helpful
Replies