set ip precedence flash

set interface serial0/1 serial0/0

route-map IPLC_Policy 20

set ip address 103

set ip precedence routine

set interface serial0/0 serial0/1

access-list 101 identifies voice traffic

access-list 103 identifies all traffic

I have this policy applied to the enternet interface on my router. My gloal is to always push all voice traffic over 1 link and regular traffic over the other. Also, if a link should go down, i want to router to know it can then send all traffic over the 1 available link. Will this work?

2 Replies 2

olorunloba
Level 5
Level 5

When the next hop router as specified by the policy routing is not available, the router uses the normal routing table to forward traffic.

Note your configuration should state

match ip address 101

match ip precedence flash

etc rather than the set.

You are correct that the original posting of the route-map was flawed and should have specified match ip address 101. But the set for ip precedence is correct.

Route maps with multiple set statements are pretty straightforward (it will set several variables) while route maps with multiple match commands get quite complex (it becomes a series of and conditions, and all conditions must be true for the set action to take place).

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: