cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Vlans to seperate ISP's.

eknell
Level 1
Level 1

Okay.... I have a 2610 configured as a router on a stick, w/ a dot1Q trunk to a 3508. I have 4 vlans configured. My default route on my 2610 is set for the inside interface PIX 515, which is connected to my ISP's router. I just got in 2 more T's from another ISP, which is connected to a Cabletron Switch that the ISP owns. I need to be able to route certain Vlans out through one ISP and the other Vlans out the other (No load balance). I also need to know, what, if any equipment I will need to do this. Rememeber, I only have the Pix 515 w/ an inside and an outisde interface that are already in use and a 2610 for internal routing. I am trying to get the right equipment and do the right config for routing Vlans to 2 diferent ISP's. Thanks for you help!

Equipment looks like this:

router (ISP owns) 2 new T's (other ISP)

I I

I I

Pix 515 2610 (default gateway & Vlan router)

I I

I_ _ _I

Cat 3548 (uplinked to 3508)

I

I

Cat 3508 ( 8 GB ports segmented into 4 Vlans)

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Once you put a router on the outside interface of the pix, you can do policy routing on that box, to send traffic from one set of vlans to first ISP router, while sending the other set of vlans to 2nd ISP router.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: