Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Routed VLAN Implementation

I am new to Cisco, having only particpated in two training sessions.

I am in the process of adding a routed VLAN into our current design. I'm hoping I can get confirmation from an expert on my design.

Current config. is made up of a Cisco 1700 with a WAN interface and LAN interface (10.1.28 --- 2950 core sw --- 6 2950 access switches on one level and 3 on another level. The 6 2950 access switches need to be configured with VLAN 2 and configured on own ip subnet (10.28/16). To accomplish this a layer 3 2811 with a trunk to the core sw.

FA 0/0 ip address 10.1.28.2 255.255.255.0

FA 0/1 ip address 10.28.2.1.255.255.255.0

ip helper address (DHCP SERVER)

Configure VTP domain, dot1.q trunk, Server mode on core sw and FA 0/x as VLAN 2 with dot1q trunck to FA 0/0 to 2811.

6 2950 ASW's in VTP Domain, VTP client in VLAN 2.

Am I missing anything here, am I totally off or what. I would appreciate any suggestions, observations or comments.

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: Routed VLAN Implementation

Hi

i prefer to bring 2 points here one is with Cisco 1721 you can do intervlan routing that too with IP Plus ios set and also 2811 which you have pointed as L3 and u can have different subinterfaces created on that Cisco 2811 router for intervlan routing purpose.

Also if possible do post out a sample diag representing the setup ur planning out over there.

Again i dont think u can make 2811 as a VTP server here..which i feel ur considering as a core switch.

regds

hello

please, attach the diagram of your network to let us understand exactly your configuration.

thanks in advance.

Here is a rough diagram of what I would like to do.

If you need additional info, please let me know.

The only piece of hardware I will be adding is the 2811.

Thanks for you support.

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies