Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Router 2620 dialup speed

Hi all,

I would like to increase dialup connection speed for home users in our 2620 router, Currently running with 33kbps modem modules,

Help me to know the mazimum speed of Modem modules avaliable nowadays. Can i install in my 2620 series router?

thanks,

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Router 2620 dialup speed

AFAIK, V.90 server modems are only available on AS5xxx series.

For the 1700/2600/3600 there are WIC-1AM and WIC-2AM wics but they operate only in V.90 client mode, so only provide higher speed when dialing out to a V.90 server modem.

But please correct me if I'm wrong.

regards,

Herbert

thanks herbert...

I'm looking upgrade advice for Cisco NM-8AM

(8port Analog modem module) connected with 8 Rj-45 telephone line for dial-in access.

this is working with 33kbps connection speed, Is it anyway i can able to upgrade this 56kbps, If possible let me know modem module name pls.

thanks

Bronze

To support speeds faster than V.34 which you are currently achieving your user's need to have digital modems. V.90 requires one analog modem and one digital modem.

Like Herbert said it's a client server model. The analog modem act's as the client and the digital modem act's as the server in a V.90 scenario. This isn't a Cisco specific problem, it's a limitation of the V.90 standard itself.

Your next approach would be to upgrade your 2600 to a 3600/3700 series router and purchase the digital network modem module's which will support V.90

Daniel

Views
Helpful
Replies