Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Router(BOOT)) 6513, Native IOS

I have a 6513 with SUP II.

I need to get it to Native IOS. When booted from the IOS in slot0 (giving the boot slot0: command in rommon mode), it boots but goes in Router(boot)) prompt. I think it goes to its CAT OS features.

What is this prompt? does it not able to pick up the IOS from slot:

Kindly give your inputs..

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: Router(BOOT)) 6513, Native IOS

Please read this article, hope it helps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00801350b8.shtml

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks

I think EdisonOrtiz mean to send you this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa6.shtml which is to convert from CatOS to IOS.

Bronze

Hello,

From the looks of it, you are only getting to the bootloader stage.

Can you do a dir slot0: for me, and tell me if there's a valid IOS image.

The correct command to boot the IOS file is actually:

boot system slot0:filename.bin

If you only typed "boot slot0:" as indicated in your post then that is why it's not booting.

Also, the correct page is:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa6.shtml

(Cisco CatOS to IOS conversion)

Please let me know if this works or doesn't work.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi,

Thank you for your inputs.

Yes now this is funny, when i do a dir for slot0:, i see the image in the pcmcia card (inserted in slot0:, this is 2K 6513 pretty old). But when i do the same from the bootloader image i get an error of invlaid location, it says slot0: not found ? when i do the dir i see the bootloader image file and a psv file, the msfc L3 OS.

When done show bootvar, there is a BOOT Varaible=, & also there is one BOOT LTDR=. ? Please comment.

Now this will surprise you. As part of troubleshooting i removed all the blades from the chassis, exept the first SUP II (it has redundunt SUP's), and powered it on. It went in the rommon gave it the bootslot0: command and it booted when nicely in the Native IOS? I had the Router> prompt, no CATOS!

Notice: There is NAM module among the blades.

When i start to insert the blades at one particular blade (copper 10/100) not the NAM, the switch hanged up for 2 sec, rebooted and went into the CAT OS again.

Since this is the Core of one of our facility i have to get it up. So only inserted required modules and booted it up in the IOS, its in production now.

When tried to insert the second SUP it does not boot up, it shows status red. when connected the console it goes into the Router(BOOT)) prompt the CAT 1 and keeps on re-booting up. I lost two fiber uplinks from it then.. So now i have this SUP removed from the chassis.

Thanks.

Amol.

Bronze

Hi Amol,

Firstly, the Bootvariable is the file the 6k uses to boot the full IOS or CatOS.

The BootLDR variable is what it uses to boot the bootloader (a cut down version of IOS used to do basic tftp downloads and various other administrative things).

If you are in (boot) mode, you might want to try:

"boot system sup-slot0:filename.bin" instead.

In order to troubleshoot further, you will probably need to tell us the exact part# of the 10/100 blade, and the version of CatOS/IOS you are using.

Thanks,

Michael

Views
Helpful
Replies