Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Router Configs for 3700 and 1721!!!

Hi anyone, I have the following;

Option 1: Call Centre will link to 18 remote sites each with a dedicated leased line.

Call Centre:

1x 3745 Router

1x 4-Port Serial Network Interface

Remote Sites (18 Outlets):

1x 1721 Router

1x 1-Port Serial Network Interface

Q1. Please confirm what type Routing I should use in order to interconnect the Call Centre to each of the 18 outlets.

Q2. For Dedicated leased line, do we need to consider the routing of the Telco or we can assign our own network subnet for those inter-connected sites ?

Q3. Any suggested sample configuration for this scenerio ?

Option 2: Call Centre will link to each of the 18 outlets with a dedicated leased line and a ISDN backup line.

Call Centre:

1x 3745 Router

1x 4-Port Serial Network Interface

1x 1 30-Channels PRI Channelized PRI Interface

Remote Sites (18 Outlets):

1x 1721 Router

1x 1-Port Serial Network Interface

1x 1 BRI Interface

Q1. Please confirm what type of Routing I should use in order to interconnect the Call Centre to each of the 18 outlets. When during Primary Link Fails, ISDN link up, how do we configure backup route then ?

Q2.Any sample configuration for this scenerio ?

1 REPLY

Re: Router Configs for 3700 and 1721!!!

Option 2 looks good, because you have an backup connection for each remote, in case the leased line fails.

Are they full T1s from each remote site ? I was wondering how you can terminate 18 leased lines, onto a 4 port serial card on the 3745. You should be looking for a cheaper solution such as Frame-relay, which reduces the number of physical interfaces required on the HUB.

As far as routing between remote sites, is considered, you could use any routing protocol such as EIGRP or OSPF. You can also use ODR. ODR uses CDP protocol to populate remote site routes, at the HUB.

You need to configure the ISDN link as a backup to the frame connection. You can use features such as Dialer watch, inorder to kick the isdn link, during leased line failure..

here are some links..

ODR - http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/39.html

Dialer watch - http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/dial_c/dcdbakdw.htm

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies