cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router getting SYS-4-SNMP_WRITENET entry in log file

eecunningham
Level 1
Level 1

I recently took over our router monitoring. I am also running Ciscoworks. The log entry is %SYS-4-SNMP_WRITENET: SNMP WriteNet request. Writing current configuration to xxx.xxx.xx.xx (which is my Ciscoworks server).

Is this my router configuration file being copied to my Ciscoworks server? What is triggering this request. It happens every Thursday at midnight.

Thanks in advance, Gayle, SRA International

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

The configuration archive automatically detects when a configuration change is made and retrieves the new version of the device configuration. The configuration archive can be updated with configuration changes in three ways:

- The change probe process listens to network changes, for example, syslog messages. When a configuration change is detected, the archive retrieves the latest configuration.

- You schedule a manual retrieval of all configurations.

- You specify an SNMP poll of the configuration MIB.

You can modify how and when the configuration archive retrieves configurations. Under RME->Administration->Configuration Management->General Setup->Change Probe Setup. more details are in the on-line help.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

The configuration archive automatically detects when a configuration change is made and retrieves the new version of the device configuration. The configuration archive can be updated with configuration changes in three ways:

- The change probe process listens to network changes, for example, syslog messages. When a configuration change is detected, the archive retrieves the latest configuration.

- You schedule a manual retrieval of all configurations.

- You specify an SNMP poll of the configuration MIB.

You can modify how and when the configuration archive retrieves configurations. Under RME->Administration->Configuration Management->General Setup->Change Probe Setup. more details are in the on-line help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: