Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Router info from RWAN?

What kind of info can I get from my routers(2600,3600,7200) using the RWAN package(without any probes)? and what does having the probes get me? Thanks in advance.

Jpoulos

1 REPLY

Re: Router info from RWAN?

RWAN is a bundle of CD-one, CiscoView (CV), Resouce Manager (RME), Access Control List Manager (ACL), Real Time Monitor (RTM and Internet Performance Monitor (IPM).

CV gives you the graphical views of the boxes plus som limeted configuration and monitoring options.

RME gives you inventory, change, configuration and software management.

ACL helps you manage and check consistency in your router access lists.

All of the above works without probes, just standard communication with the routers (ICMP, telnet, tftp, rcp and SNMP).

RTM is a RMON manager and it uses RMON probes (dedicated, NAM, mini-RMON or RMON in IOS on e.g. a 2500). It tells you stuff like traffic, top talkers, protocol decoding etc. depending on how advanced your RMON probe is (mini-RMON, RMON or RMON2).

IPM uses the Service Assurance Agent (SAA) of IOS as probes to monitor Internet protocols (e.g. SMTP HTTP, POP3, ICMP). Typicaly for availability and response time.

You can find all you need on CCO from product briefs to faqs to manuals.

Best regards,

Michael.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content