Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Router recomendation

I am needing some recomendations on a routers to incorporate into my network. Currently I have 6 network segments four of which are connected via wireless bridges to a central root. I am wanting to place a router before each remote bridge to filter unwanted broadcasts and other traffic. Each remote segment has approximately 60 workstations on it. Which router(s) would be cost effective while providing adequate permformance in these situations? There will be little if any future growth on these segments.

1 REPLY

Re: Router recomendation

So you want 1 router on each wireless bridge correct? I would suggest looking at the Cisco 1710 router (actually it's a bundle with VPN module) or a 1721 router. The 1710 retails for $1200 I believe, and the base model 1721 retails for about the same but doesn't include the VPN bundle.

What type of equipment are you currently using? You may just want to see about implementing VLANs to reduce unwanted traffic, and then just implement one router to do the inter-vlan routing. It would save you money and time over implementing multiple routers. Just a thought.

Hope this helps.

Josh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content