Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Router startup configuration

Hi,

I have a Cisco Router 7513 with RSP 4, i will be replacing this RSP 4 with RSP 8.

I have prepared 32 MB Flash card with latest IOS,.

also i have saved the startup configuration in the router.

My question is will the new RSP have all the configuration.

as the startup configuration.

Do i have to configure the router again.

Regards

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Router startup configuration

If there is only one RSP4 in your system, you will lose the configuration on it. However, before removing the RSP4, you can save the config to a TFTP server. See this link.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cis7505/rte_swit/6586rsp8.htm#27863

Good luck.

Mark

Gold

An alternative, assuming the flash format for RSP4/RSP8 and your IOS revs is the same (it should be, but I can't say for sure without research) is to save a copy in a file on your flash card. I find this handy on occasion anyway to preserve snapshots of my configuration before major changes in case I need to back out.

On your RSP4, with your new flash card temporarily inserted:

copy running-config slot0:backup-config

Do not erase the card if prompted to do so. When you choose not to erase it, it will simply write a second file to the flash card, the first being your IOS image.

When you swap in your RSP8 with the same new flash card:

copy slot0:backup-config running-config

You will need to go through and "no shutdown" your interfaces, but everything else should come back fine. Be sure to "write mem" afterwards to save this to your startup-config.

Yes Configure Router As the strtup configuration. Your Save Router Configuration can help you to configure the router Easily.If Problem persists ask again.

Views
Helpful
Replies