Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Router type

If I login my router remotely. How to know my router is 3640 or 3640A? Are they using same IOS version?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Router type

You can not find this remotely, you must look on the chassis.

Thanks,

So what is the difference in the chassis. I found this in cisco web. "The 3640A is identical to the 3640 in terms of physical characteristics, interface support, performance, memory and IOS feature support. All currently open mainline release trains and the 12.2T release train will be supported, starting with the latest maintenance releases: IOS Releases 12.0(24), 12.1(17), 12.2(12) and 12.2(11)T1. The Cisco 3640 and 3640A will continue to support new IOS features through 12.2T and 12.3T, and software support will be provided through 12.4M or November 2005, whichever comes first."

I want upgrade the IOS, But the IOS has two version, one is for 3640 and another one is for 3640A. Are they same?

Look on the chassis, where the model number is listed. It will either give you an indication of 3640 or 3640a. Additionally, another quick way to tell in a rare scenario is that the 3640a has a minimum IOS of 12.0, and the 3640 has a minimum IOS of 11.1. So if you do a show ver and see anything inbetween 11.1 and 12.0 you have a 3640. If you have anything above, than your just going to have to look at the chassis, sorry.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.