Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

router upgrade from tiny rom???

Hi, i have the following situation a cisco router 805 with no ISO image. i have tried to install the IOS from tiny rom. but the followin command is not working

boot#upload flash

upload: failed (0 seconds), "no such file"

kindly note that i can not even ping the ethernet interface although i have configure it form tiny rom (ip+ subnetmask). the tftp server and the router are in the same network range. i have TinyROM-1.4(1). any ideas anyone.

5 REPLIES

Re: router upgrade from tiny rom???

Check the followig technote for a fairly accurate description of the upgrade process: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/IOSupgrade_800.shtml

Regards,

Leo

Hi,

i already did, i reach step 7 and it intialize the following error

boot# upload tftp

upload: failed (0 seconds), "no such file"

any ideas

This is a bit odd indeed. What is attempted in step 7 is to save the running image in RAM to tftp, but the description is completely wrong.

I think you should ignore the error and continue with step 8. From there on the upgrade goes more or less as I think it should be done.

Goodluck!

Hi ,

believe me , its a bit odd , the command works this way , the other way round.

You are not downloading the image directly to the flash , but you are

uploading to the ram.

Mistery of the 801-805 ...

Bye,

Patrizio

Hello,

one thing to be careful is to the filename put hereunder

boot# set file-name = filename

Must be the absolute path of the tftp , for example image\c800\c800-nsy6-mw.bin , or you can put

the file in the root of tftp and then just give as

filename c800-nsy6-mw.bin

Otherwise the following will not work.

boot# upload tftp

TFTP initiated.

File name: c800-nsy6-mw.bin

Regards,

Patrizio

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content