Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Routing a secondary address to inside address with 831

What I would like to know how to do is route traffic to an IP address to a device on the inside using a Cisco 831 router. This is for the purposes of a VPN.

The WAN interface will have the main IP address that the office building uses now. A second IP address is gotten from the service provider and is applied as a secondary IP address on the WAN side.

This I have accomplished in the lab and it works. Where I am having problems is getting traffic on the secondary address to go to one specific address on the inside. The router is set for NAT and is using DHCP on the inside. In other words, when I use the public secondary IP address as my VPN endpoint, I want the traffic to go to the specific device that is attached to the switch. For information, the device in the lab I am trying to get to currently is a PIX 501. It will be something different at the customers site.

I have tried a few different commands but haven't gotten it to work yet.

Thanks.

1 REPLY

Re: Routing a secondary address to inside address with 831

What type of interface is the WAN port ?

If the service provider is routing the secondary subnet to you you can just use NAT statements to map the IP's through to the inside instead of having secondary IP addresses on the WAN port.

= K

Views
Helpful
Replies