cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing between intranetwork with Cisco 1711

shawnmoua
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to do the following with a Cisco 1711 since I am fairly new at it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

NetworkA:10.101.0.0 255.255.0.0 (MainGateway to internet - 10.101.1.200, Gateway of Router to NetworkB - 10.101.1.254)

NetworkB:192.10.10.0 255.255.255.0 (Gateway of Router to NetworkA - 192.10.10.254)

NetworkA needs access to both the internet via main firewall IP of 10.101.1.200 and NetworkB (gateway 10.101.1.254).

NetworkB only needs to access resource from NetworkA.

Thanks,

Shawn.

4 Replies 4

Hello Shawn,

not sure if I completely understand your setup. If you want to have two networks, Network A and Network B, to communicate with each other, you can put a secondary address on the Ethernet interface. So the Ethernet interface would have as primary and secondary addresses the default gateways for Network A and Network B. Put a default static route pointing to the firewall and only allow Network A in an access list, or use policy routing to route all traffic only from Network B to the firewall. Hope this makes sense. If not, post your config and I will try and add what I think is necessary :)

Regards,

Georg

George,

Thanks for the reply. What I want to do is use the 1711 as as router between the two network. One network is 192.10.10.0 (255.255.255.0) and the other 10.101.0.0 (255.255.0.0). The router has four ethernet ports so I basically want to route packets from one side to the other (using two ports). One side is currently setup to access the internet via a PIX.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Shawn.

Hello,

I would just assign the default gateway IP addresses of the two networks to two Ethernet ports, to ensure that both can route traffic to each other. hen to allow only network A to access the Internet (or the PIX) use an access list or a route map. Does that make sense ?

Regards,

Georg

Not quite clear on what you mean. However, I have added the gateway (IP of corresponding IP interface on Cisco 1711) to the machine of each side but still cannot communicate. The packets have gone this far:

Machine --> Cisco 1711 Port1 --> Cisco 1711 Port2

Can't hit the machine on the other side?

Thanks,

Shawn.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: