Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Routing between two networks with a 2514

A quick overview of my layout (that works). I have and ADSL connection going through a PIX and into a couple of switches. I have one company on the same side of the 2514 router as the PIX (172.21.x.x subnet) . I have another company on the other side of the 2514 (192.168.0.x subnet). I use the 2514 to restrict access between the two companies LANs but have a static route from the 192.168.0.x to my pix for internet access. All of this works great!

Here is my problem. I have a server on the 172 network that is running a license server. I want the guy's from the 192 network to be able to check-out licenses from this license server. The license server is using port 1422. I tried just replacing the default route , ip route, with ip route, just to see if I can get something to work. I can't even ping but even with the old static route gone I can still ping

Any thoughts???

Re: Routing between two networks with a 2514

You have a static route for the 192 network that points to the default route. The 172 net only has a default route on the PIX. You need to tell the PIX that network 192.168.0.x can be found through the 2514's IP adress.

The packets from 192.x will arrive at 172.x but hosts there have no route back to 192.168.0.x.

So you do not need to change the 2514, you should add a route to 192.168.0.x on the pix, or add a host route on the machine that runs the license service.

CreatePlease to create content