Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

bmc

routing eigrp

I am not able to ping or connect to a host or the remote wan ip address from my desktop pc...the routing is via a frame relay connection using eigrp and redistributing a static route to the host, but I am able to ping either the host or the wan ip from the router...the far end router is not a Cisco, therefore I have to do a static route and the redistribute the static under eigrp...

3 REPLIES

Re: routing eigrp

This may be stating the obvious, but does the remote router have a route within it pointing to the network that the desktop PC is on? You can confirm whether it is a routing issue by running an extended ping from your router using the LAN interface as the source instead of the WAN interface.

bmc

yes, there is a route back to my lan network...that was verified, but thanks for that idea...Bob

Gold

Okay, a little more information might help... I'm assuming you have something like this:

your host--router1--wan--router2--remote host

Correct? You can ping from your host to the wan address of router2, correct? Can you ping to the ethernet side of router2? To which points can you ping, and to which points can't you ping?

Russ.W

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content