Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Routing for two seperate private ip network

Forgive me if this is elementary, but I am new to Cisco Routing. I know enough to be dangerous.

I have a 2611 rt and it has f0/0 and f0/1. I have f0/0 connected to my production network (172.22.1.0/24) and the f0/1 to my new lab network (192.168.1.0/24). I have tried everything I know to get internet access on my lab network with no success. The rt can ping my production network, but my server cannot. I don't have any access-list or ip route statements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY

Re: Routing for two seperate private ip network

You need to add a route to 192.168.1.0/24 subnet on the gateway device in 172.22.1.0/24 pointing to the f0/0 interface of 2611.

When you ping the production network from the router, the source IP address of the PING will be the interface IP from f0/0 which is of same network and will get reply and when you try from your server (lab network) the source ip address will be from 192.168.1.0 subnet and the production router will not have a route to 192.168.x.x subnet.

So add a route in the production network gateway device and it will work.

thanks,

Naveen V

Views
Helpful
Replies