Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Routing on 3750 switch

I have a 3750 switch which I want to configure as a static router. It has 24 ports. I want to connect 4 different networks to the switch and setup routing as applicable. The other ports will have servers on the same network hanging off them.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Routing on 3750 switch

What is your question? If you are just looking for sample configs, the following tech tip should help

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/intervlan3750_45002.html

Cisco Employee

Hi,

This document covers the principles and configuration steps to set up inter-vlan routing on the 3750:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk815/technologies_configuration_example09186a008015f17a.shtml

HTH,

Bobby

Hi Bobby

Thanks for the link. I have managed to set up my switch so that it routes traffic between IP networks and VLANs.

However we have one Windows domain on one IP subnet and a domain on the another subnet. They do not appear to be able to see each other (cannot browse) which I believe is due to the restrictions routers have on broadcast traffic? May be wrong here. I have enabled 'ip directed-broadcast' on each interface with an IP address but this does not help. Any ideas

TIA

You don't need or want to use the 'ip directed-broadcast' to try and fix this problem. This actually has a much greater impact on performance than you want.

If the two subnets and can ping each other then routing is basically set up correctly and the problem actually lies within the windows doamin(s). Are they using DNS? Do they share zone information - perform zone transfers? How is DNS set up on the clients?

-Mark

Hall of Fame Super Silver

It sounds to me like the solution probably is to configure ip helper-address on each vlan pointing to the domain controller in the other subnet.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content